All Saints Church was consecrated for worship in 1840 by the then Bishop of Chester Dr John Bird Sumner, who later became Archbishop of Canterbury, and celebrated its 175 anniversary in 2015 with a visit from the Archdeacon of Macclesfield (right) and a street party! It was built in the middle of what was then the Village Green, on land given by the Baronet Delves-Broughton of Doddington Hall. The family not only gave the land, they also paid for the building of the Church and for two schools to accompany it: one for boys, and one for girls (the latter was knocked down in 1936). Until relatively recently, the Baronets had close connections with the church, and were even responsible for appointing the Vicar!
The Church has changed a lot since it was first built, with various expansions and changes of furniture. It would be almost unrecognisable on the inside to those who first worshiped here. The very beautiful Morris windows were installed in the 1920s and have become a feature of the building. The Church was awarded Grade II Listed status in 1980s.
All Saints is a traditional English Parish Church which merged in 1974 with the mission church at Shavington to form a united Benefice. As a whole parish we work together to fulfil our mission statement of sharing the love of Jesus with all.