Aims and Purpose of the Mothers’ Union
- To promote and support married life
- To encourage parents in their role to develop the faith of their children
- To maintain a worldwide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service
- To promote conditions in society favourable to stable family life and the protection of children
- To help those whose family life has met with adversity
Our meeting consists of a short service and a speaker on a variety of subjects. Mothers’ Union now includes not only married members but divorcees, single persons and men who have been baptised in the Trinity and support the aim of the organisation. All are very welcome to join us. If you like what you see you can then be enrolled as a full member. Please come along to one of our sessions to find out more. You can also visit the Chester Mothers’ Union website for local information here.
Members also supervise Parenting groups; oversee contact centres for broken families, where children are able to meet up separately with both parents. Organising crèches in prisons, is another one of our many activities. Money is given to world wide projects, literacy programmes abroad and caravan holidays in Great Britain to needy families.
We always welcome new members so if you would like to find out more about us, please contact any of the committee members named below, or simply come along to one of our meetings.
Maureen Ainsworth : 01270 586118
Elizabeth Davies : 01270 662536 : Elizdavies115@btinternet.com
Margaret Hodgkinson : 01270 841577 : email@example.com
Rita Scholes : 01270 569845 : firstname.lastname@example.org